Filler Before, During & After Instruction
- No dental work within 2 weeks before or after filler procedures.
- If you are having a lip filler or procedure around the mouth for lip enhancement or augmentation or smile/straw line treatment, PLEASE NOTIFY US 3 DAYS PRIOR to your appointment if you have a history of cold sores (2-3 outbreaks, or more, per year) on the mouth so we may treat you prior to your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with NO makeup.
- Avoid alcohol two days before your procedure as this may cause increased bleeding and bruising.
- 1 week prior to your appointment avoid using the following, unless directed otherwise by your physician: (Please continue taking any medications prescribed by your healthcare provider)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aleve)
- St. Johns Wort, all supplements (multivitamins especially Fish oil capsules or high doses of Vitamin E and Vitamin C supplements)
- Any food high in omega fatty acids (almond butter, salmon, etc.)
- Take vitamin K & Arnica tabs if you’d like to reduce bruising. You will need to start Arnica Montana the day of or before the procedure. Arnica is sold at stores such as Whole Foods, or other health food stores, and may be found online at drugstore.com. The healthier you eat the better.
- Put hair back away from your face with hair tie or head band.
- Photos will be taken and any make-up will be removed.
- Numbing cream will be applied (if needed).
- You’ll get to hold ice packs (if needed).
- There may be redness, swelling and bruising for approximately 24-72 hours following your appointment.
- No dental work for at least 2 weeks.
- No makeup or lip gloss until the next day. We prefer clean, brand new mineral makeup applied to sites of injection to minimize risk of infection.
- Change sheets and pillowcases before bed, don’t let cat or dogs sleep with you tonight.
- Use speaker on your phone, (studies show cell phones are 7 times dirtier than your toilet seats)
- Keep your hair back until tomorrow (hair has a lot of germs)
- Try not to touch injected area within 6 hours following treatment, and wash hands often. When numbing subsides you can GENTLY wash the area with soap and water.
- No standing water for 24 hours (no lake, bath, pool, river, and ocean) shower is okay.
- Using a cold compress, immediately after treatment, will help to reduce swelling. Apply for 5 minutes every hour after treatment.
Contact our office immediately if you have excessive pain, swelling, discoloration, or mottled-looking skin.
Your care is customized to you and your goals.
At Derm Clinic MD, we prioritize your goals and needs as the main focus of your treatment plan.