1. If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least two weeks in advance. Swelling will occur. It is the body’s natural, healthy response to go through an inflammation process to remove the fat cells from the body.
2. It is recommended to discontinue the use of aspirin, NSAIDs (Aleve, Motrin, etc), fish/flax oil, or any other blood-thinning supplements one week before treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any prescribed blood-thinning medications.
3. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, and spicy foods 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
4. If you develop a cold/flu, infection, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
5. We will not perform Kybella treatments on patients with a current or past history of dysphagia “trouble swallowing”, currently pregnant or breastfeeding, with the presence of infection at or near the injection sites, or under the age of 18.
6. We will take careful consideration in performing Kybella treatments on patients with excessive skin laxity, prominent platysmal bands, enlarged thyroid, enlarged neck lymph nodes, pronounced submandibular glands, prior surgery, or aesthetic treatment to the treatment area, presence of scar tissue in the treatment area, sunburned or irritated skin, and current use of blood-thinning agents.
7. We will assist and advise in coordinating Kybella treatments when being treated with other aesthetic services to provide optimal results and efficacy of concurrent treatments.
1. Place a cold compress or ice pack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the cold
compress or ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern as needed for 24 hours.
2. Use Arnica to help decrease bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
3. Take (over the counter) acetaminophen if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
4. Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
5. Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
6. Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
7. Avoid steriods (prednisone), NSAIDS (Motrin, Aleve, etc), alcohol, caffeine, niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, and spicy foods 24-48 hours after your treatment.
8. Please report to your practitioner immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens. These are very rare. Please communicate with us.
Interested in Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation?
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.